To build a solid foundation for Hawaii's children through excellent early childhood education programs.
- To develop a positive self-concept and approach to learning.
- To develop social skills and relationships with other children.
- To develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- To develop process skills through active investigation and exploration.
- To develop a sense of community and an awareness of social and cultural diversity.
- To acquire basic physical and self-help skills and an awareness of health and safety issues.
- To prepare children to enter kindergarten, ready to succeed.